Sunday, February 07, 2010

A year and a day later...

I have...well... nothing to say for myself. Guess I just got distracted here and/or there, and lost interest in the blog effort. Have nothing to say, period, when you get down to it, so the world hasn't REALLY suffered a loss in terms of enlightened blogging over the last twelve months. That being said, I've been thinking about it lately and decided to try and get back here. Lots of friends/family tuning in on Facebook, but those one-liners, the random sending of cyber-cocktails, and the odd five sentence email doesn't really do much to keep the lines of communication humming. Nor does it allow those important people in my life to have a true glimpse at the inner-workings of my somewhat disturbed mind :)

So many people, all over the damn place. People that I miss ALOT, and very rarely find time to actually connect with. I know, everyone is busy plowing through their own days (daze). What I'm trying to say, in a please-spit-it-out-already round-about kinda way, is that I'm gonna make every effort to be here, at least a couple times a week, plodding away in my own little qwerty queendom. If that means it's just me and the weirdo in Papua New Guinea who stumbled upon me and either (a) digs amazon blondies or (b) just wants to improve his English and finds me entertaining, I'm okay with that. In the past, I made the kids the focus of my postings. Will still add bits and bobs with the 'OMG, I'm not having children' moment of the day tossed in for good measure, but would rather just blah, blah, blah about nothing, posting music/video discoveries along the way. Thanks verra much. Happy to be back here, chatting away with myself.

Was grocery shopping on Friday and realized, mid-shop, that I was having a full-blown, outloud conversation with myself in almost every aisle. There was an old guy, shopping and sort of trailing up and down behind me, and he finally felt the need to stop me and just chat for awhile. Dawned on me after the fact that he wasn't just some lonely old gentlemen, looking for someone to talk to. He was genuinely concerned about me :) The purpose of my fascinating anecdote, you ask? I'm obviously lacking an outlet at the moment, if I feel compelled to walk through life, in public places, carrying on like...well...poor Sybil, trying to wrap up a conversation between two of the thirteen people in her head.

On that mental health note, I actually need to pause here, and go sort out the Sunday to-do list, which is comprised mainly of putting the house back together after entertaining all weekend. More on deck tonight (still haven't cleaned up the kitchen from Friday night), as we prepare to cap the weekend off with the Superbowl. Nothing super (or even spiffy) about it if you want my humble opinion, but I will tune in, feign interest, and enjoy the halftime ads, sure to be loaded with beautiful people and lots of Bud Light. Just saw a REALLY funny B.Light ad online, will try to find it and post.

Before I go, I feel compelled to post links to a couple of videos from last night's great adventure, the Monster Truck Jam. I know, right?....you are thinking, how does one lucky girl get to experience two of the greatest shows on the planet in one weekend? Karmically speaking, I think I've just played my cards right. Anyhoo, here are the links (can't get them to post directly for some reason-love technology):

The first is pure Magic Madness, just so you can get the flavor, if you've never had the pleasure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl9Axc8fiPk

On a sidenote, I'm more of an Instigator fan (http://www.instigatormonstertruck.com/.

The second clip is of the mass exodus through the parking lot, following the bald Jesus and trying to wade through a sea of camoflauge and countless other fashion faux pas (plural times twelve) which, punnily enough, required many a long pause... Ticket to the monster truck jam: $15. Value of the people-watching experience: PRICELESS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsxVXoZwXzU

Re: Jesus in a camper van, the one thing that can NEVER be said about Mr. Bill is that he worries too much about what people think. Even better, he just lets me run with it, unruffled and undeterred.

We really need to re-visit this phenomenon/sub-culture that is monster trucks, but it will have to wait until next time. Until then. xo.

No comments: