Monday, February 08, 2010

Onion Ring More Popular Than Justin Bieber in Latest Facebook Meme

Original story: http://mashable.com/2010/02/08/onion-ring-facebook-meme-beats-justin-bieber/

Another doozie of a breakthrough in cyber-sociology has popped up all over my household in the last three days, thus my need to address this freakish Facebook phenomenon. I say it at least 72 times a day...wifhigo..what in the friggin' hell is goin' on? Obviously, the only reason this is even on my radar screen is that I have two of the demographics who happen to be tuning in for this madness sitting on my sofa at the moment. Keira, who is six, has put Justin Bieber in the 'ring' (hee.hee) with the JoBros - as in Celebrity Death Match - the winner gets her heart for at least the next 79 hours. Turns out Justin is actually winning. Wouldn't have paid much attention to her new fling, but the other two rocket scientists have been anxiously watching on Facebook since Feb. 1st as Justin's fanbase was pummeled (numberwise) by a member of the fried food group - the onion ring. I have been getting daily updates from all, so just wanted to make sure my own fanbase (all two of you) is also tuned in. In more exciting news, said onion ring has already taken on the JoBros and Miley, and is now targeting Britney. This, friends, is newsworthy here at Chez McGann. Speaks volumes? :)

No comments: