Monday, February 08, 2010

Anyone see this this breaking news story this morning???
PajamaJeans - The Next Snuggie? (for friends across the pond who are lucky enough not to know what a Snuggie is - https://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/snggie_ood_ontv.html)
Anyway, here's the link: Hot on StyleList

Can I please get a Monday morning ugh-a-mundo? This could only happen in America. How is it that we've lost the general need/desire to at least put clothes on when we go out into the world? Wait...I have a better idea!!!! Let's invent pajamas that look like jeans....yeah, that'll do the trick. Frightening, in a demise-of-the-universe way. In related news, we were having dinner (not even lunch) in a restaurant Saturday, and there was a table of teenage girls next to us, with boyfriends in tow, all wearing grubby t-shirts, pajama pants and flip-flops. I know I'm getting old guys, the big 4-0 looming like the bitch that she is and what not, but do you remember being fifteen and going out for a meal with your boyfriend? Can you imagine having just said, "think I'll just go in my PJ's"??? Kerry, being ever-curious, and unable to just leave it, leans over and says, "how come I didn't get the email - I want to wear PJ's out to dinner, too...you guys think I could pull it off?" In unison, they replied, not kidding, "it's a free country". And aren't we all just relieved to know that our freedom gives us the right to continually downgrade the requirement to actually give a hoot and pull on a real pair of jeans?

Oooh, I'm diggin' the 'get it out of my system' angle to the blog. Maybe I can use this to preempt all that old lady grumbling. I'll have it all worked out by the time my old age kicks in and takes over (NOT going to happen anyway).

No comments: