Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Celebrating Randomness -
No sleep for the weary. My eyes popped open at 1:43am (it was probably 1:41, as I had to get up and pee before I looked at the clock). Have no idea what's going on, but my mind has been on overload for the last twelve hours. It was racing when I went to sleep, and racing when I woke up. No semblance of thought, random sh*t flying all over the place. Made me think of the photo I downloaded earlier (long story), and that maybe this needs to be my icon -

Did someone spike my punch, or what? Anyway, two cups of hot chocolate later, and for lack of a better plan, here I sit. 4:51am now, no point in going back to sleep as I have to start organizing the troops in an hour.

Just added a bunch of silliness to the blog (see column of life-enhancing accoutrements at right). These include, and will not be limited to,

(1) a link to my unhealthy obsession, the new love in my love, comic genius Ricky Gervais. Don't worry, have informed the hubby, and it's all good. I know, I'm about eight years behind the rest of the world, but in my defense, the guy is prolific, so it's not like I've fallen for a has-been. Anyway, will get back to all this at some point in more detail, as the G-vase will require multiple posts down the road.

(2) Tunage- would love to have feedback on the Mixpod (music player) - Is it annoying? I can't figure out how to turn the bloody thing off, so that you can just listen if you want to. Need to figure that out. Anyway, if you don't like it, you can just hit pause.

(3) The other over-the-top addition of the day?? - PONG!!! Love it. If anyone is wondering, the world is indeed bonkers. Had someone told me ten years ago that I'd be spending hours, typing away to virtually nobody in cyberspace, killing those extra minutes with a game or two of pong on my blog, I would've kindly asked that person to put down the crack pipe and get back to work :)

You will also note, at right, my intention to add structure to my celebration of randomness, "The Lineup". There's no irony in that, is there? hee.hee. Seriously, going to give it a whirl, I think it will make my creative juices (that I'm not sure I posess) flow a bit better. So, that being said, onto the Tuesday Teaser.....

No comments: