Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The First-Ever Tuesday Teaser (at least the first one ever brought to you by me) -


Corked, by Kathryn Borel

This one is more for my women readers...you know who you are...Erika, Mom... Funny enough, the first-ever Tuesday Teaser (whereby I'm trying to convince you to go out and get something) is a book that, while it comes highly recommended by my friend Wendy (thanks, Wendy), I haven't actually read it yet. I ordered it back in November (publish date 02.16.10) and it's enroute from Amazon.com as I type this. It's probably at the UPS store down the road, waiting for Mike-the-UPS-guy to load his truck this morning. Might I just say, while we are here, that Amazon's Prime Shipping program ROCKS??!! $70 a year, and all the 2-day shipping you can handle (you still have to pay for the stuff).
Wait if you want, but I'm extremely confident that my review will be "four thumbs up!!!!" After watching Ms. Borel's videos on the link above, reading lots of reviews, and checking out her blog, (http://www.kathrynborel.com/blog/), I'm happy to promote it sight unseen, more importantly unread.

For me, the best indication that I'm gonna dig it - she's a nutter, not entirely unlike myself. I already love the woman. Not in a love-her-like-a-woman kinda way - slightly more significant than that, you bunch of sickos. She's Canadian, which does not make her more or less attractive to me, btw. Anyhoo, I went to her blog, and the first thing I read was, "If you go to the newsstands in CANADA and AMERICA (Canada’s pants) and you go to the section with girls on the covers of magazines and you open the one that says 'Marie Claire' to a special certain page, you’ll get ... a Q&A with me." hee.hee. What's more fun than Canadian's crackin' on Americans? Not being unpatriotic, but it seems justified, somehow.

So, get out there, People, and order it already (or wait until I've finished it next week and I'll let you borrow my copy:) - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_7_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=corked+kathryn+borel&sprefix=corked.

Hold on to your hats...Wednesday Wackos coming up...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm sure you'll love it! She's my one of my high school friends, and she was, and I think, is still completely nuts! lol.. in a good way! She's a total TCK, born in the States to a British mom and French dad and raised in Quebec, Canada... doesn't get more TCK then that. Enjoy. I hope I get my copy soon!

KerryMcGann said...

Thanks again Wendy, CAN'T WAIT to read it. Her blog is a frigging riot. If you talk to her, make sure you tell her I'm pluggin' the book :)