Saturday, February 20, 2010

'Saturday, in the park, I think it was the Fourth of July'...no, it was the 20th of February...Backtracking a bit...I've been a bad, bad, blogger. Good thing I can fake-date my posts and nobody will be the wiser. Oh, except for anyone who just read that. Did I mention my degree in rocket science?

Where did I leave you? Saturday's Saucy Solution...

In retrospect, the perfect solution would have been "Kerry, don't get too saucy." Hindsight is indeed 20/20 and it was, instead, another slightly blurry weekend here at Chez McGann :) Shhhh. don't remind my mom, she's already over it. In my defense, two different girlfriends, two different birthdays, too much socializing...it's not like I was drinking alone, right? Speaking of bdays, happy belated to my little brother, the Hopster, who turned 37 on Saturday. Not sure how that happened since I'm working on 29 again, but glad he is healthy and happy getting older on his end.

On a more somber note, in response to Saturday's update from the black hole that is GM (GimmeMore), I've come up with a solution (bear with me...have added a bit of a saucy twist) for overpaid GM executives, current and former, to give back and... pay it forward, if you will. Let's line up the hundreds of millions of next-generation(s) children who will still be paying off the corporate-commingled-with-national debt in 1000 years. Then, let's hang those CEOs, CFOs, and other overpaid morons by their family jewels from a tree, until all the BIDILLION dollar bonuses they've gotten along the way fall out of their pockets and into the hands of someone, ANYONE, who is going to be saddled with that debt in the future. It could so work. Again, I'm happy to spearhead the committee, qualified or not, the latter being par for the course. I can't even fathom that after the events of the last 18 months, the Chairman/CEO of GM is still getting a $9 million compensation package.

C'mon guys, who in God's name commands that kind of salary/stock portfolio. Maybe God, but He really doesn't need a salary, and probably has less use for stock options. Even more unfathomable - the former pseudo-CEO of GM, after what we can only asusme were several incredibly taxing months on the job, will receive $59,090/month plus expenses for 20 hours of consulting work every month - HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Is anybody out there??? All this, approved by the Obama-appointed 'pay czar' Kenneth Feinberg. Can you imagine what would happen if 50% of every overpaid executive's salary was put in a national healthcare slushfund? Problem solved. I know, it's not that easy, but it would be a good start.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Why do I feel a big "Amen!" coming on?...

And yes, don't you love the post-date/back-post option in blogger. Technology. I love it. Most days. :)

Hugs to the gang!