Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday's Saucy Solution is..... the beautiful glass of Pinot Noir sitting next to me (and the beautiful bottle of Pinot Noir just to the right of that). It IS Saturday, People! And I'm sitting here all by myself, listening to my iPod and blogging away, in an EMPTY house. Heaven. Yes, you read that right. Bill took seven little monkeys (our three + four neighbors) to the Lightning vs. Capitals hockey game. He, on the other hand, is most certainly in Hell at the moment. Nevermind his general lack of interest in sports, keeping track of that motley crew is enough to send even the most patient kindergarten teacher over the edge.

So... still trying to come up with my topic today. If I hadn't already made her the subject of a previous post, would have to call upon the Gaga. Who has seen the new
Telephone video featuring Beyoncé? OUCH, that's hot. I love them both, definitely a bigger fan of Gaga, but what an incredible collaboration. Started watching the video on YouTube the other day and had to turn it off because Keira came into the room. I haven't seen the edited MTV version yet, but this one is supposedly the 'Official Clean Version'. Seriously? What could the 'dirty' version possibly look like? Either way, it's definitely not for the kiddies. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/kmcgann?feature=mhw4#p/f/0/EVBsypHzF3U (sorry, no idea why my links aren't working, you'll need to copy and paste).

Okay, found my sah-see for the day. I love that I get to pick it, and nobody else gets a vote.

And here she is...
Dame Edna, who you either love or love to hate, is starring in a new show on Broadway with Michael Feinstein called All About Me. The plot is simple, probably been done, but clever. The two are performers, accidentally booked for a show on the same night, so decide to make the best of it and combine efforts. Looks hilarious.

There are two videos you need to watch, one of Dame Edna flinging herself onto Mr. Feinstein's Steinway, and the other where she does
Beyoncé's Single Ladies. Both are equally entertaining.

Link to the videos in an NPR article:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124831076

I love all things drag, in any venue, and would truly love to see this show. Feinstein, a fairly reserved, but incredibly accomplished singer/pianist (who hails, btw, from my hometown of Columbus, Ohio), is the perfect accoutrement for one kooky-ass Dame Edna. All About Me opens tonight and runs through July 18th. If you're there, go and see it.

Link to more information:
http://www.henrymillerstheatre.com/?gclid=CJGVz9XSyKACFYha2godWFnJZg
(why aren't my damn links working?)

Couldn't leave you without the lyrics to part of The Dingo Ate My Baby. If you aren't familiar, this is a classic Australian silly saying, along the lines of ..."gotta throw some more shrimp on the barbie..."

The dingo ate my baby
It wasn't a horrible hoax
I don't care what they say
At the ASPCA
I hope that nasty dingo chokes
So if you are nursing a baby
Remember the peril is real
What looks to you and your hubby
Like a toddler so pink and so chubby
Is a dingo's favorite meal!


Also found a funny bit on YouTube...

No comments: