Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday's Franchise - Morons, Morons, Everywhere

First, let it be said that I am in no way, shape, or form attempting to be un-American. The fact is, one of the greatest things about being American is the freedom I have to say, "what a bunch of FRIGGING MORONS we have running around out there!" We've cornered the market on this one, My Lovelies. The epidemic which is the moron is indeed a franchise, not unlike Dunkin' Donuts or Seven Eleven, and it's popping up on every corner in America.

Second, I would like to add that I don't consider myself (for one millisecond) to be a supremely intelligent human being, or for that matter even a well-read, remotely clued-in, contributing member of society. That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm leagues ahead of half the dingbats out there screaming from the top of the mountain about health care reform or foreign trade policy.

Are moron sightings a new thing? Probably not. Does political unrest and economic downturn allow the otherwise somewhat tucked away morons a platform to speak unintelligently to whatever it is that puts a fire under their asses? Safe to say. Where am I headed with this? Not sure. What spawned my need to blog about this today? Well, aside from a MILLION things rolling around in my head at any given moment, or my husband sitting next to me spouting the doom and gloom that is the future of America, gonna have to say it was this:



Thank you Kim, for sharing this unbelievably funny photo, and for turning me on to a fantastic blog called Morons With Signs (http://moronswithsigns.blogspot.com/). This is, succinctly, the best way I can explain what I mean by morons, morons, everywhere. Hilarious.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - I can't actually give anyone credit for this quote because there is great debate about who actually said it first (i.e. the first person who said it and mattered). Jefferson is given lots of credit, but nobody has really come up evidence to that effect. Pressing on...according to the Morons With Signs blog, this is fundamentally true, the right to freedom of speech being integral to that dissent. They go on to point out, however, that we can still "savor" the right to mock the morons. Yay!!! And I say unto you, savor away!

On that note, I'm off for a family outing to IKEA. Love the Swedish meatballs :) Will be back a bit later to wrap this one up (and catch up with yesterday's post as well). xo.

No comments: