Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.”
- Joseph Addison

Coupla different schools of thought on Sunday. I will address the other in my next Sunday post, but wanted to touch on Mr. Addison's idea here today.
Note: today isn't really today, as I'm one week on, and back-pedaling/posting to last Sunday - i.e. today is Sunday which is really Saturday, and tomorrow is also Sunday - unnecessary confusion, I know, just trust me...

I have discovered, after asking loads of people, that Sunday is another one of those things you LOVE (in true American form, as we are the only people on the planet that
LOVE everything), or that you love to hate. Personally, I'm on the fence. Can't give you my definite answer yet. Sorry. Sunday is, but is not limited to... a day of rest, a day for family, a day to get your sh*t together, a day to sleep late, a day reserved for dreading Monday, a day of I-should-be-doing-______ thoughts, a day for picking up the pieces of last week and driving on* ...

*one of my favo(U)rite and most-used acronyms = FIDO = F**k It & Drive On

Maybe I don't have to put Sunday in a bucket. Maybe, just maybe, Sunday can be both. I could feel absolutely elated about Sunday the next time it comes (tomorrow), and then equally miserable when it rolls around this time next week. As I said, gonna stick to the good parts of Sunday today, and ponder the bad parts tomorrow.

Deep thoughts on Sunday...

In true American fashion, I LOVE this song. I mean, I really love it. What is better than Sunday morning, tucked under the covers, with nowhere to go, and someone to rest their bones with you? Answer: a resounding NOTHING.


Here's another Sunday gem, and, coincidentally, a painting I like very much by impressionist George Seurat called
A Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte .


Back to the painting for a minute...there is a topiary garden in my hometown of Columbus which depicts this painting. It's fantastic. Just for the record, that's two obscure connections to Columbus in the span of two posts and two hours - what are the odds?



Leaving you with a cheesefest. Will admit it, I like this song. Alot. Sing it, Lionel Baby!!!

No comments: