Wednesday, January 19, 2011


So... following the media backlash after Ricky's fanfriggingtastically stellar performance at the Golden Globes on Sunday, I just need to post this............
And might I just add that he is looking incredibly fit these days, buff in fact.

The whole nonsense about his over-the-top monologue made me think for awhile. I was shocked at first, and a bit disappointed that it was so mean-spirited. Yes, it was pretty hard core. Yes, he targeted some pretty high-profile people in the audience. After seeing the response from many of those targeted, however, I've changed my tune. It's called a roast, People, and generally speaking, it's funny stuff.

Here's the monologue:


and Ricky's response to all the media attention, via his blog:

"Thanks to the twitterverse, the blogosphere, all the journos and the coolest stars for coming to my rescue. It was heartwarming to realise I wasn't losing my mind. Some reactions nearly had me believing I'd gone too far too. Nearly. Can't wait for the people who thought it was over the top to see my stand-up shows. Fuck me, they will shit themselves. Oh, and fans, take this opportunity to tell the world about Karl Pilkington. Tweet about that fucking head now! All new Ricky Gervais Show this Friday on HBO and An Idiot Abroad on Science Channel 22nd Jan. A genuine thanks by the way for all your support. Cheers."

Go Ricky!!!


No comments: