Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Monday, All.

6:30pm, and I should be preparing something for my poor children to eat. Will stop here for a minute instead. I gotta tell ya -- Monday won. I just could not, for the life of me, get my head out of my ass today. Have now taken ten minutes to sit down with my daily meditation from Simple Abundance, and I'm in a better place. Yesterday's blurb was all about accepting real life, and today's is about blessing our circumstances, whatever they may be. I would imagine those two things are meant to go hand-in-hand, for one couldn't very well bless the circumstances of their life without accepting them. The basic idea? By blessing even the things that torment us, there's some element of spiritual surrender, and therefore the opportunity for us to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not one to spout spiritual mumbo-jumbo, but this one, for me, is a no-brainer.

Let's use my current funk as a perfect example. I am in a funk. I prefer that to saying 'I am depressed', although we can all agree that I am indeed, depressed. Have been for several weeks now. No desire to do anything...apathetic, in fact, about most things. I've been fighting it -- cursing it -- trying to get out of it. Guess what? I am still very much in a funk. So tonight, as I sit here, I'm going to bless my funk. Yep. Bless it. How off-my-rocker do I sound? But it makes sense. By saying that I'm thankful for the ability to get through every day feeling less than myself, feeling depressed on some level, then I'm also accepting it. And tomorrow, I'll bless it again. Maybe by Friday, I'll feel differently.

I started last week to keep a gratitude journal, listing five things every day that I'm thankful for. Today, I'm going to max out my entry and add every single blessing that I can conjure up in my little pea-brain. From hot water to furry friends, I'm blessed all over the place. I'm also, for the most part, grateful. I just don't stop often enough to acknowledge how grateful I am.

Last item for the record, before I close. I have never been one to examine the finer points of life, analyzing how I feel throughout the day or the week. This is all new. It's new for several reasons, but mostly because I am making a concerted effort to explore my own happiness, or lack thereof. It may last a month, it may last a year, but I'm enjoying the journey. The exploration of my day(s), which were formerly plodded through uncontested and therefore unquestioned, may just lead to some fantastic findings. If not, what do I have to lose?

1 comment:

zedon said...

Hello this is very interesting and adorable idea article i am impressed with that topic and get help for the canopy dog beds . i like it and will share with my best friends. thanks for posting such a wonderful article.