Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday.  Hump Day (sidenote...who is tired of that damn Geico camel??).  It's raining cats and dogs here in the TPA, so I decided it is as good a time as any to attempt getting back on the blogging bike.  I was just looking at my posts through the years and laughing at how this little piece of me evolved.  It started out as an inane rant about kids and motherhood, then took a turn to become mostly a rant about nothing in particular, then there was this little itty-bitty self-help phase I felt the need to share at the time.  I thought about just deleting all those posts and starting fresh, but in the end decided to leave them there for the time being.

So what shall I rant about this time??? Hmmmm....  Perhaps a bit of this and a bit of that.  Guess that's why I like to call it 'celebrating randomness'.  You just never know what you're gonna get.  A lot has happened, and yet nothing has happened in the 2.5 years since I've been here.  Look for a significant number of dog photos, as we have six now.  Oh, and lots of delving into the teenage brain, or lack thereof.  Marriage is treatly me absolutely fabulous at the moment, so you won't hear me complain much about Sugah Daddy, although I'm certain there will be the odd annoyance. Haha.  If you know me at all, you know that I'm ADDICTED to the Hollywood gossip scene, and I love a bit of scandal as much as the next guy.  That being said, if it's not on People.com or in People magazine, chances are you won't see it here - People is the one and only source for such fodder.  Current events and political mumbo jumbo?  Not so much, although I do dabble in being informed.  I sound like I'm as deep as a puddle, don't I?

Health and Fitness?  Sorry...you're going to have to head elsewhere for that.  I am, however, about to embark on a journey to drop 40 pounds that I have somehow acquired in the last two years, so I'm sure you'll get to hear about that.   Food and recipes?  Now were talkin'.  I am a total foodie, and I'm always happy to pass on something I've tried or that sounds good, although most people can just go to Pinterest for that nowadays.  In summary, I have no idea what this will be, which always makes things interesting.  Probably won't even put it out there that I'm blogging again for a few weeks, just to see what transpires.

Guess that I will take the narcissistic route for today, and babble about myself incessantly.  I was born...just kidding.  Seriously though, how about ten things that I absolutely adore, for a start?

  1. Sleep.  I love it.  I crave it.  Can't get enough of it.  Naptime?  I'm there.  Early to bed?  You betcha.  I'm convinced I must have been a sloth in a former life,  because I would seriously have no problem staying in bed for eternity, moving only to feed myself and work the tv remote.  Does this mean I'm lazy?  I don't think so, I just love, love, love to sleep.
  2. Music.  What do people do without music?  I have pert near 7,000 songs on my iPod, and I usually have some form of music playing in the background.  You may have noticed the music player at the bottom of the page.  The current playlist, which I actually like very much, makes me look like a hipster, which I actually am.  Not.  I do like the top 40 garbage though, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  
  3. Ricky Gervais.  I'm not sure why he is number three, but I adore him.  Everything he touches is, in my humble opinion, pure comedic genius.  He is truly one of the funniest people on the planet.  Don't believe me?  Pick up or download the UK version of The Office, or another little-known (in the US) show called Extras, or his most recent comedy called Life's Too Short.  Brilliant.  Even better...his stand-up.  Here's a link to his blog...http://rickygervais.com/thissideofthetruth.php
  4. Macarons.  Hands down, the most delightful treat you will ever have the pleasure of plopping in your mouth (http://www.laduree.com/).  AH-MAZING!!!  They just opened a shop in New York, which is a bit out of the way, but most cities have a bakery that sells macarons.  A quote from their website..."We firmly believe that a weakness for sweets is a noble approach to everyday living."  You had me at 'a weakness for sweets'.
  5. Facebook.  #totallyaddicted. Again, what do people do without it?  The Hubster says it is delivered through the internet directly from Satan's laptop.  He HATES it with a passion.  Why?  What's so bad about it?  Oh, the fact that I completely ignore everything around me, including my children, so that I can tune in to see what so-and-so had for lunch?  Ha.  I know it's ridiculous, but it's my little connection to the outside world.  Haven't really racked it up in the friend department since we moved to Tampa five years ago, so FB is my one big friend.  I suppose since nobody is really reading this, my blog is my other BFF.  Geez, Ker, you might need to get a life one of these days.
  6. Justin Timberlake. Swoon. This guy...he can sing, dance and act, he is beautiful, and full of comedic ability.  I heart him. alot.  He's coming to Orlando December 19th.  Tickets are going for around $200, just in case you're thinking about the perfect Xmas gift for yours truly.
  7. Dogs.  I suppose this one goes without saying, but I had to put it on the list.  Love my four-legged furry friends, some days more than my children. Haha.  Have no idea what we were thinking when we acquired number 4, 5, and 6, but now I love them all and I'm stuck with the circus that has become my household.
  8. Technology.  From the iPad to my Galaxy S3 to my shiny new laptop, I am most content when surrounded by technology.  I'm even pretty good at figuring shit out, if I do say so myself.  I mean, outside of installing printer drivers and new software I'm a little challenged, but I will happily try to tackle anything gadget/tech related.
  9. Gerbera Daisies.  My favorite flowers on the planet.  All colors.  Not sure why.  I used to buy them all the time when we lived in Budapest.  Maybe they just remind me of my other home :)
  10. THE Ohio State Buckeyes.  I saved the best for last.  ANYONE who knows me knows that I'm a HUGE fan of Buckeye football, and that I will go to just about any length to catch the game. OH Baby!!! If you're not from Ohio, you just don't understand...best fans in the land.
And that's a wrap.  Ten things that you should know about me :)

Bonus: here's the trailer for the new Muppet movie, coming next year, starring RICKY GERVAIS.

What else to talk about today?

Here's something random....Cher.  How freaking fabulous is she?  Also coming to Orlando, May 16th 2014, and I'm going.  Not sure I can convince Sugah Daddy to come along, so if you're up for it, let me know.  That bitch is 67 years old, and she doesn't look a day over 40.  So what if she had 143 plastic surgeries.  She looks fantastic.  We saw her in Budapest back in ???? and she knocked my socks off.  Seemed like a costume change with every song. Love her!  The new album just dropped on Tuesday and it is great.  Lots of dance tunes and a couple of sappy ballads that I could leave or take.

Her latest single...Woman's World.  Check out the wacky newspaper wig...she totally rocks it.




Also in entertainment news this week...Miley Cyrus, rearing her ugly head again for a new rap video, in which she is equally, if not more, repulsive than she was in her VMA appearance a few weeks ago.  Even better this time, though, she is smoking in the video.  Yet again, Miss Thang, way to represent for your fan base consisting of millions of young girls.  Bleh! Doesn't even really warrant a mention here, but the song is so bad it's worth a giggle to watch.  My guys love their hip-hop...this one, however should fall under the category of hip-stop!  Can't believe I just put Cher and Miley in the same blog post.  Did I mention? Bleh!




Okay kiddies, it's time for me to sign off for now.  Before I go, though, let me leave you with this, my thought for the day...


Peace, out....xoxo

No comments: