Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thirsty Thursday - Or Not

No thirst here, My Lovelies. Turns out, I have that one completely covered at the moment. For the 736th time in my life, I am back on the workout/diet wagon, and drinking my 10 X 10 ounces of water a day (Note: 1 US gallon = 128 US fl. ounces). It's an exercise in floating through the day, intestinally-speaking, but as we all know, hydration is the key. I thought it was Hubby snoring last night as usual, but realized that I was waking up once an hour to that gurgling, more-food-less-water-PLEASE sound.

Two things to share with you on this fine thirst-quenched Thursday morning, neither of which are relevant and/or important to this topic, or for that matter, to 99% of my eight readers. Blogging rule #23...hook 'em, and reel 'em in...
  1. I am a ginormous SUCKER. This is not a revelation, rather a confirmation. I worked out with my good friend and health nut, Agi, yesterday, and picked up a few more must-have items for my neverending journey to the healthy side of life. This is a side which I also consider in some ways to be purgatory. Logically, once you get there, you should really stay there forever. As if. I should say first that I absolutely love the Isagenix system, Agi's main gig, and believe wholeheartedly that it has incredible health/weightloss benefits. I am more than happy to give testimony to that effect. Agi has inspired me and motivated me with Isagenix and lots of other good gobbeldy-gook, so for that I praise her. All that being said...Girlfriend, I love ya, but this time I'm gonna call it like I see it - I've been had. The product: IsaWater: Alkalized Concentrate. The program: one pump into every glass of water to increase the pH level, thereby neutralizing the free-radicals and making it healthier. I bought it - hook, line, and sinker. For $30 (120 pumps = .40 additional cost per glass/bottle of water). I KNOW!!! Moral of this story. Too much healthy usually = too much money. Shared my newfound drops with Hubby last night at the dinner table and he was, needless to say, utterly unimpressed.
  2. Too much healthy could also result in a very embarrassing situation. In addition to drinking almost a gallon of water/day with special drops, I'm using another product called IsaFlush. Two capsules, taken right before bed with a big glass of water, so that you will wake up in the morning and have a beautiful, healthy poop. Sounds great, no? Here's where the TMI part comes in. Woke up this morning to a NOT VERY PLEASANT discovery, whereby I had to scream at poor Hubby, who was just trying to open his eyeballs, "GET OUT OF BED, QUICK!" Ewwwwwwwwwww!!! That hasn't happened for at least 36 years or so. Sorry Guys, I know I should keep these great anecdotes to myself, but it's way more fun to take others along on my journey of H2-Oh-Hell. On a positive note, hopefully I have another 35 years or so before I have to worry about this becoming an everyday occurrence. I know!!! I'm in desperate need of professional help. Appointment with therapist at 5:40pm today :) xo.

No comments: