Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hi kiddies. Sunday evening here, way past my bedtime, but I'm still sitting here fiddling. I think the hubby has had about enough of my quality 'office time' today. I ended up spending the whole day doing various things on the computer. Got my address book all tidied up, downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements (which I've been dying to do for a long time - now I just need to find some good tutorials), caught up on emails, converted a bunch of video to .avi files, Skyped with my mom for an hour and a half, figured out how to make a new header on my blog (thought it was good to use shots of our home-sweet-home, since this is unofficially our home page). Wow, it all sounds very productive on paper. Truth is, I never actually got out of my PJ's today, I totally neglected laundry duty, and we had leftovers for dinner. C'est la vie!
Yesterday we had a great family outing. It was DHL day at the Ujpest football field and hockey rink. I hadn't known anything about it, but a very nice woman whom I just met at the September NAWA meeting gave us five VIP passes for the football game, party, and hockey game. The kids had a blast. Here are some photos:


Riley was just so impressed with the fact that he was a VIP (everyone had exactly the same tickets/badges), I think it was more exciting than actually watching the events.


I'm thinking that Keira may very well turn into one of those 'football hooligans' you hear about on the news - she has no idea what's really happening on the field, but she definitely gets into the game.



Bill and I had a few of our daily 'points' in the form of Borsodi beer. Somehow it's just not a sporting event for me without beer. I did skip the hotdogs, but am still a bit worried about the weigh-in tomorrow.

The boys spent the two hours in between matches climbing like monkeys and making some new friends.

Here they are with their new buddies at the hockey game. We were at the end of the rink where there's actually a net, I'm just not too excited about the prospect of getting nailed in the head with a puck.

Tomorrow is Monday, back to the business at hand. Bill is hopefully headed to Istanbul on Tuesday or Wednesday to go the next round towards getting this job in Vienna. Cross your fingers, I think we are both trying hard not to get too excited one way or the other. Tuesday is our 10-year anniversary but we don't really have anything special planned anyway. I'm hoping we can organize a getaway weekend in October/November if we have a better idea of where we're going and what we're doing. We have decided to postpone the trip to the US in October, just doesn't make sense to spend the money at the moment.

Riley is having his birthday party next Saturday, a month late. He is having eight friends for a sleepover and we will take them all the movies. Haven't figured out how we're going to swing that yet but that's a project for tomorrow. The boys watched the Simpsons Movie tonight, (I opted out) and they of course loved it. I can't believe that the friggin' Simpsons are still hot, I can remember everyone gathering in my freshman dorm each week to watch it in the lounge when it first aired. That was 1989, and yes we've confirmed once more that I'm getting old.

In extremely sad news, it has been revealed by a credible source that George Clooney is indeed gay. I will absolutely not divulge the source, but I will tell you, ladies and gentlemen, it's a day of mourning for me. Bill will confirm that this devastating news totally put a damper on my day yesterday. I couldn't think about much else, and I keep wondering, 'how could I not have seen the signs'? I mean, how could he, the full package, the epitemy of Hollywood hotties, never have a serious girlfriend. I mean, you can play the eligible bachelor card for only so long. George, I hope you find true happiness with someone in the near future. Don't let the bloodsucking paparazzi force you to live a lie forever. And if you still want to hang out, grab a bite, call me :)

Tomorrow I will post some more 'on the edge of your seat' video footage from home. Note to self - I've discovered that there really is no need to upload to YouTube first, I can upload right into my blog. I'm not terribly concerned about wackos watching the videos and tracking down my children, but it seems safer to just have it here.

After all, how many people randomly browse at blogger.com? Have you ever tried it? Geez, I thought my content was a snoozerama - some people make me look more entertaining than Lucille Ball (what a strange reference, wonder where that came from).

Suppose I should wrap it up and head to bed. Hope everyone is well, and to those of you who have emailed in the last couple weeks and heard nothing back from me, I promise I'm working on it. Ciao!!!

No comments: