Saturday, December 13, 2014

Trying to force some holiday cheer this morning.  Sitting by the tree, cranking Pandora.  Not really feeling it.  It's cold outside though...37 freaking degrees to be exact. Ho Ho Ho.

Had a fantastic night out last night at the Throwdown By The Bay...


I am fairly new to country music, so I didn't know most of the lineup.  We were there for the headliner, Brantley Gilbert, but the other acts were great...Colt Ford, Chase Bryant, Tyler Farr.  Mr. Ford is kind of a country rapper...not really my cup of tea.

I wouldn't kick Tyler out of bed for eating crackers, though...


Or Chase Bryant, for that matter...haha


Brantley?  Goes without saying...yum!!!


Can't really put my finger on what it is about country music that I like.  I missed the evolution of rock-country (or is it country-rock) somehow...maybe when we were living overseas. It's really good.  It makes me happy, anyway.  I actually opt for country when I'm driving (when it's not Christmastime) My family members all think I've lost the plot. Haha.

So what's on the docket for today?  Gonna take Keira and her friend Kennedy over to my parents' in Dunedin for lunch at the Ozana Pig and the Ozana Christmas parade.  Should be fun.  My parents arrived a week ago and we still haven't had the chance to get over there to see them.  The good news is, they are here through April.  Yay!!!  I'm so lucky, have to make sure I take full advantage of having them here and spending time with them.  Just booked a cruise in March for Mom and Keira and I...can't wait...girls' trip.

Hope you enjoy your day, and your weekend.
xoxo

No comments: